Custom UI / UX Design
Integrated Virtual Solutions
Virtual Reality User Interface
Inside the virtual environment, the ability to interface effectively with a host of tool sets and virtual apps is enhanced by intelligent design.
Mapping Out User Flow is Critical
Efficiency Breeds Better User Experience
VR Transports You Anywhere
Once your mind adjusts to the virtual environment, all of your reality internal indicators tell your brain that you are really transported.
The Immersion is Outstanding
VR Delivers the Impossible
Journey deep into the Cerebral Cortex, the Outer Edges of the Milky Way or Dive Head First into a Volcano!
Virtual Reality is the Most Powerful Paradigm Shift Since the Invention of Television.
Virtual Reality is Everywhere.
Virtual Reality is the most convincing of all media in its ability to completely transport the end user to a world that is immersive beyond any other user experience to date. The sensory deprivation of sight and sound, which is replaced by a vibrant new VR experience, allows the participant to voyage to heretofore unvisitable locations. From the Virtual Reality journey inside the human body down to the nucleus of a single atom, out to the farthest star at the edge of the universe, nothing approximates the versatility of Virtual Reality to immediately create a convincing first person experience like none other.
The word virtual reality has gained a lot of exposure in past few years. Although the process has been in development for a long time, virtual reality can be considered as the modern day technology. The word virtual reality is the combination of two different words: virtual and reality. Both these words together define “virtual reality”. Virtual means almost or the near to while the reality refers to the experiences of the humans. Thus virtual reality depicts the almost experiences experienced by the humans. Human beings see the world through the five different senses of the taste, smell, touch, sight and sound, and these senses define the experiences we see, hear, taste and feel. Virtual reality is used to simulate these sensations with the help of the computerized world. The sensation we feel is the perception of the reality created through the multimedia or computer generated environment.
Thus in technical terms, virtual reality can be defined as the computer generated environment which allows the individuals to explore and interact with it. The computers can generate a simulation of the city which the individual can explore virtually, or they can be used to simulate a game that can be played within the confines of the house, but with the similar sensation.
Virtual reality is based on two major features: 3-D image and its ability to immerse the user in its environment. Telepresence is the word which is used to describe the feeling of immersion an individual feels while interacting with the virtual reality. A successful telepresence is when the individual feels completely entranced by the virtual world and feels the part of the world completely. Virtual reality allows the users to become the part of the artificial world created, and telepresence is the measure of the success of the virtual reality.
Features of Virtual Reality
Most of the virtual reality programs involve the three-dimensional imaging software. This image is then projected to one or the other screen. The user views the life-size image of scenes or the equipment portrayed in virtual reality. With the help of the software, the user then interacts with the virtual environment depicted in the virtual reality.
Human perception is a strong feature of human mind. Human mind is able to imagine the participation in any of the virtual process if given the right stimuli. This is the feature that is utilized by the virtual reality developed to make the programs.
Applications of Virtual Reality
Virtual reality has not been fully developed in the current scenario, but it is envisaged that the same can be used in variety of applications. Few of those envisaged and currently VR-using applications are as listed below:
- Military Application: The Virtual reality can be used to provide training for the various military segments. The virtual reality can help in learning the skills required for the military operation. Current usage involves the use of Virtual Reality in the flight simulators, in arcade games and in combat games which helps in improving the control and coordination of the participants.
- Commercial Application: The Virtual Reality programs are also being used for the commercial application like depicting of architecture or the entertainment tours for the users. The other process where the virtual reality is being envisaged includes the virtual health clubs and gyms.
- Virtual Sets: Many of the virtual sets are also created using the virtual reality These sets are also the part of the movies and media programmes.
- Education: Virtual Reality can play a huge role in education system as well as it can help the students in understanding the various processes as a part of the curriculum and give them hands-on experience.
- Entertainment: Many home based virtual reality systems are being produced for the entertainment at home. These VR systems simulate the various scenarios and locations for the pleasure of the users.
- Marketing: The virtual reality programs are being used by the companies to market their product. These programs acquaint the customers with the process of the development of a product and help them experience the product virtually.
- Interaction and communication: Although virtual reality has not been used for this process currently, it is envisaged that virtual reality will open up the new channels of interaction and communication. Like video calling, virtual reality will allow the two individual to talk to each other and communicate with their 3-D moving image or the avatar.
- Engineering and Architecture: Virtual reality is already used in the form of the software in both engineering and architecture. Although not fully implemented, all the drawing development software allow the users to have the three dimensional view of the buildings and other facility. There is software which allows an avatar to pass through the various sections to find out any kind of interference. Further development of technology can help in getting the more accurate and detailed results from the virtual reality
Types of Virtual Reality
The virtual reality can be divided into different types based on the equipment and process used to develop the virtual reality.
- Computer Based virtual reality: This kind of virtual reality is implemented on the desktops and laptops. This technique is usually seen in the 3-D games being played on the computer. The characters are manipulated by the users and are used to give the sense of being the part of the game.
- Simulator based virtual reality: In this technology, the simulation of a machine or a situation is created using the techniques of virtual reality. The idea is to let the users acquaint themselves with the process and machinery before actually handling them.
- Projector based Virtual Reality: This kind of virtual reality involves the projection of the image or the world on the huge screen. This makes the user feel that they are the part of the scene with the help of the projection of the images.
- Avatar-based Virtual Reality: This kind of virtual reality focuses on development of an avatar or the image of oneself which is further utilized to interact with the virtual environment.
Advantages of Virtual Reality
As seen above, virtual reality is used in a variety of areas and can be developed using different techniques and processes. There are many advantages of using the virtual reality. Some of those are as discussed below:
- Training and Hands-on experience: The virtual reality programs help the users gain the much needed hands-on experience over the process and the machinery before actually handling them or participating in them. This ensures that the participants are completely ready before they actually handle those machineries and processes.
- Operational Awareness: Virtual reality can be very helpful in helping the users acquaint themselves to a system or a process. In army and air force, this becomes especially important because such awareness can provide an edge in the real life.
- Cost Saving: The virtual reality might cost a huge amount of money to be developed, but overall the cost saved through these programs is more than the investment.
- Safety: Since the virtual reality programs help the users learn the intricacies of process and system, the safety of the personnel is better assured if they are acquainted with the system through virtual reality.
Limitations of Virtual Reality
As discussed above, virtual reality offers many uses and advantages. In the current scenario, the virtual reality is being applied by many organizations and companies, but despite this, the virtual reality has not been fully adopted by the public. The major limitations of the virtual reality are as listed below:
- Underdeveloped technology: Although virtual reality has come a long way, there still are problems in depiction. Issues like picture clarity, the comparison with reality etc are few of the issues that crop up in virtual reality
- Higher initial investment: Virtual reality calls for the higher cost of initial investment. Although the cost is recovered at the later stages, many of the organizations are hesitant to invest heavily initially.
- Absence of feedback: User based feedback is necessary for virtual simulation, but the technology has not completely adopted the feedback in the process. This results in the lag in the virtual reality.
Virtual reality has been hyped a lot by print and the audio-visual media. This has increased the expectation of the people from the virtual reality program. But the fact is that much of the development is needed in the virtual reality field. The limitation of the virtual reality needs to be countered.
It cannot be denied that the virtual reality is the future of the technology. The various advantages of the technology make it especially desirable for education, training, learning, and entertainment purpose. The technology is still developing, but the day is not far away where virtual technology will turn into an everyday technology. Faster computer, better technology, better visualization and development of the response-based software are expected to change the face of the virtual reality.